> ok letsencrypt do not do EV certs [1]

That must be a similar feature to Comodo's free SSL cert that lasts 90
days. I did order one of those last year, but I never got around to
installing it. I guess that even trying to remember one more thing to do
every 3 months caused my brain to spill over.

and since its a friday and a rant is due... call me a whacko but i can
>> imagine a time where we tell an amazed crowd that we 'once used to pay $200
>> for an ssl cert'

I will place myself in suspended animation. Wake me when the time arrives!
Remember in the early 1990s you would get someone to host your static
website for $700/year.

*Greg K*