Has anyone in here managed to deploy a Blazor app into IIS running anywhere?

My simple sanity checking app just fills a grid with random values for fun.
It develops and runs in VS2017 fine, and it seems to deploy via FTP, folder
copy and Azure WebDeploy correctly and the files arrive at their
destinations.

Browsing to the deployed apps produces "You do not have permission", or
0x8007000d malformed config xml. I have installed the .NET Core hosting
bundle on my server's IIS, I've fiddled with IIS app settings and pools,
but nothing works. I tried following search result examples, but they are
deploying to Azure static web sites or to root sites in IIS, which are not
realistic. I just want to deploy to a virtual directory within an existing
site like http://www.mysite.com.au/blazetest, but no samples do this
typical thing.

I know Blazor is really young and experimental, but I thought I'd ask in
here just in case.

P.S. The malformed xml hints that some component/handler that parses the
config file is missing, but I've no idea what is might be, I was hoping
that the .NET Core hosting bundle would handle that.

*Greg K*