Thanks for the info. Still use the VM in the cloud but wanting something local for other things. These units looks like they are super-flexible, small and easy to move etc
On Thu, 9 May 2019 at 15:28, Stephen Price <[email protected]> wrote: > I have the skull canyon nuc which is a beast, but the fans are quite loud > even when you out it in quiet mode. M.2 drives and powerful cpu. > There is a newer model which has an AMD GPU on board but I am not sure if > it's any quieter. Probably not. > > There are some fanless models too which would be super quiet but tend to > be lower specs. I had one die recently. Well it shuts down if it gets too > hot so in hindsight I wonder if fans would have prevented an untimely death. > > Also have a couple of these in my wife's office as desktop pcs and they > are great. Low cost and don't take up any deskspace, and lots of monitor > options, most can have multiple screens. > > Did the VM in the cloud option not suit? > > cheers, > Stephen > > > > From: Grant Maw > Sent: Thursday, 9 May, 10:53 > Subject: NUC > To: ozDotNet > > > It's time for a new dev PC. Someone drew my attention to Intel's NUC > recently, and was wondering if anyone had any positive or negative > experiences with these? > > > https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/boards-kits/nuc/mini-pcs/business.html > > Thanks > > >
