Hi Greg,

They seem to apply pretty basic algorithms though. If they have access to your
contacts on your phone, they can quickly work out who else is on FB. And then
it gets easy. If you know two people, and they both know another 10, chances
are high you’ll know some of that 10, and so on, and so on.

And it’s sure not just FB. I’ve lost count of the number of OAuth-based apps,
that want to read your contacts, without giving you any valid reason for doing
so. You either say yes, or you can’t use the OAuth option to connect.

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 at 14:33, Greg Keogh <gfke...@gmail.com