To be honest I don't really use the Git integration in Visual Studio.

I tend to use a combination of the git command line (with tab completion
via posh-git), TortoiseGit for some things (like reviewing the commit log
history and comparing branches), and more recently the GitLens extension
for Visual Studio Code, which makes interactive rebasing a bit friendlier.

As far as remote Git repositories, Azure DevOps and GitHub both work well
for me.

David