Folks, I've had an intermittent problem in previous weeks where adding an
existing csproj to a solution produces the message box:

*The operation could not be completed.*

It was occasional, but today I'm getting the error everywhere. I've made
empty solutions, added A to B and B to A, deleted all the .vs .user and
binary outputs (some searches suggest that), but absolutely nothing works.
Web searches produce no modern useful results.

I'm basically dead in the water. Has anyone else had this and solved it?

I'm even running a repair now, which is pretty desperate (and slow). I know
it won't work, but I do it anyway, which is a standard 21st century
software development procedure.

*Greg Keogh*