Dear Andrea
Thanks for your comments regarding DE and the issues with ANF.  I have
tried previously to get members of the list to lobby their state ANF on
this issue and was told we should be concentrating on ACMI and not
expending energy on ANF (sorry Denise).  However I do see them as a problem
as the organisations will not employ the DE midwives without industrial
backing. We also need to change or deregulate the hours (ie. anualised
salaries) so midwives can undertake their role in the mainstream system.
ANF is being quite difficult on these two issues.

Anyway, regarding my background.  I undertook my Midwifery at the Royal
Hosptial for Women.  Carol Thorogood and I shared a flat for the year. What
at team!!  For the past 12 years I have been in academia mostly at Flinders
Uni but also Uni SA teaching nursing students regarding life span and the
maternity modules though on occasions I have had to teach in the acute care
area( ghastly - but until 3 years ago midwifery was not in the tertiary
sector in SA).  I also, during this time took 2 years out and was appointed
the Midwifery Fellow at the QVH in Adelaide where I undertook a Randomised
Controlled Trial on the Birthing Centre.   I have also conducted my own
practice as a childbirth educator and lactation consultant since 1986.  I
am a director of Australasian Lactation courses. I teach in the Master of
Midwifery and also the Bachelor of Midwifery and coordinate the midwifery
programs.  Hope this is enough. I would be happy to be in your study if you
are still looking for participants.