A a midwife, I find your comments offensive in refering to women & midwives
promoting normal birth as NAZIS.  Where do you get this rubbish from ?  Or
are you just trying to justify your particular birth?  I am pleased that you
did have a positive experience but there are many more mothers who have had
a c/s who feel abused by the whole experience, at what should be a joyous
time.  Evidence based practice as opposed to the myths and hearsay you are
spouting, have demonstrated that a tear into the perineum does not cause and
is not linked to urinary incontinence.  This myth of an episiotomy being
better for preventing prolapse has been disproved as a lot of rubbish and
you are perpetuating this.  What kind of uninformed journalism is that ?
Maybe you should, as a responsible journalist is supposed to do, check the
facts with those who are experts instead of spreading mistruth and biased
rhetoric.
Annie Sprague RN RM M&CH
Independent Midwife
34 Shiers St.