Calling all women and midwives in the Melbourne area,

I'm posting on behalf of Helen Ireland who is organising a Meet-a-Midwife
afternoon on Saturday 21st July. This is an opportunity for women & their
partners to meet with midwives and also listen to "The Travelling Midwife",
Vicki Chan.

For those who haven't yet heard, Vicki Chan is a Queensland midwife and
mother of four who is currently travelling around Australia spreading the
word that Birth Matters! She is a passionate advocate for the birthing woman
and believes strongly that we as a society need to look closely at the way
our babies come into the world.

 "To speak of birth. to touch people's hearts and souls and to awaken that
part of humankind that has forgotten that it matters, enormously, how a baby
comes into the world...that is my task."

The afternoon will be held in the Multi Purpose Room at Mt. Waverley Primary
School, Toirram Road, Mt Waverley, from 2 - 4pm. Bookings are essential and
the cost is $10. Proceeds will be donated to Maternity Coalition. For those
who choose to join Maternity Coalition, the admission fee of $10 will be
deducted from the membership fee. Application forms will be available on the
day.

Please come along and support Maternity Coalition, Vicki Chan, women and
midwives!

For further information and bookings please contact Helen on 9803 7476.

Thanks,
Andrea.