Dear Tina and list

When I read your letter to the 7.30 Report, I felt a sense of unitedness and
of heartfelt thanks to consumers and midwives who take such an active role
in lobbying the media and government. Whenever I feel overwhelmed by 'the
system' and feel like my own efforts in trying to effect some change in
relation to this are simply an exercise in 'bashing my head against a brick
wall', I seem to come to this list and read something which inspires me and
gives me strength. We are doing the right thing and if we all make a
contribution in some way, we have to get 'there' eventually.

So thanks again to everybody who is going out on a limb and contributing to
further the midwifery profession and to facilitate increased options for
birthing women.....it helps to keep me going too!

Kind regards
Bec Smith

Clinical Learning Coordinators

Trevor Cresp      (pager 4287)