In a message dated 20/07/01 10:06:50 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< LOOKS LIKE THIS PERSON HAS HER/HIS MIND CLOSED SHUT. MM >>

Hi all,

After reading all of dear Senator Eggleston's responses to this issue, I
started to smell a rat. I like MM could see that this man was very set in his
ways and not negtiable on this issue and seemed to have a pathological
adversion to midwifery. Why I asked?? Who is this man?? Where has his gross
disregard for the skills of midwives developed from???

I went to the Australian Liberal party website and did a little researching.

Surprise, surprise surprise !!!!!!!!! Look what I found!!

http://search.aph.gov.au/search/ParlInfo.ASP?Folder=BIOGS&Criteria=name_id:4L6

;&action=bookmark

Senator Alan Egglestons was a GP Obstetrician before entering
politics!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, this suddenly makes me feel a hell of alot better, in that I now know
who'm I'm dealing with.

For interest these are his Qualifications listed on the website above for his
biographical details.

MRCS, LRCP, DOBst, RCOG, DRACOG, FRACOP,

BA (Murdoch)

Medical Practitioner 1969-1996.

Yours in birth,
Tina Pettigrew
Birthworks
Independent CBE and aspiring B.Mid Midwife.
Convenor, Aust B. Mid Student Collective.

" As we trust the flowers to open to new life
               - So we can trust birth"
Harriette Hartigan.