Hello Midwives, the College has also written off to the health minister.  We agree with the listers, you have to continually lobby the Ministers and write many letters to gain their attention. We hope to get Midwifery on the AHMAC agenda for next month.  We look forward to the public meeting in Sydney tomorrow and invite one and all to join us there.  Perhaps those ministers and politicians who are monitoring this chatline would like to show themselves at the meeting tomorrow evening.  You are invited.  One thing is for sure, your wives, daughters, sisters and friends will all need or meet a midwife during their lifetime.  You should too..We would be pleased to meet you there and share with you information about midwives and midwifery.
Alana Street, RM FACM,
 Executive Officer,
Australian College of Midwives Incorporated,
1st. Floor, 3 Bowen Crescent,
Melbourne, 3000.
Tel:  03 98045071 or 1300 360480
Fax:  03 98 661370