My colleague and I were due to fly out to Brisbane on Sunday to attend the ACMI
Conference and to represent our organisation, MIDIRS. However, in the aftermath
of Tuesday's tragic events in the U.S.A. and the potential repurcussions, an
executive decision was made not to travel. It wasn't a question of getting to
Australia, more a case of getting back to the UK, should things kick off.

Both Sue Penn (MIDIRS Marketing Executive) and myself, are very disappointed not
to be attending the conference, but this disappointment has been humbled by the
grief and disbelief echoed world-wide by the attack on America. We are sad not
be able to meet up and network with our Australian colleagues, but do plan to be
at the next ACMI Conference in two years time!

Although we can't be there, information flyers, copies of MIDIRS Midwifery
Digest, and Informed Choice Information Packs will be available on the MIDIRS
trade stand to be taken away. If you would like any further information about
MIDIRS information services, or are interested in becoming a MIDIRS
representative (see attachment), please email me at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Have a good conference and our thoughts are with you.

With kind regards

Vicky Carne
Head of Midwifery

(See attached file: ozzierepposter.doc)