Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2002 9:33 PM
Subject: lifelasting experience

Hello
Does anyone know where to find a quote that childbirth is a lifelasting/life changing experience?  I am using it to  back up my statement for continuity of care which continues for the postnatal period.  Someone mentioned it may be a WHO recommendation - if so, where will I find it?

I might just introduce myself - I am Wendy Hermel, I am preparing a proposal (with Josie Greaves) for our hospital board  to restart our midwifery and obstetric services in Ceduna, SA.  We are both midwives very committed in developing a midwifery model of care with the full support of the management.  We are almost there - thank goodness.  I am  trying to back up a statement so we can follow through our continuum by home visiting in the postnatal period.

Regards Wendy