Hi
As with most of the replies we don't do routine 10/60 apgars unless a babe has a
low 5/60 Apgar score (nor in other A.C.T hosps that I know of). Our Prof of
Women's and Childrens health did say that 10/60 are a better indication of
adaptation to extra uterine life but I have not followed this up by
researching. Maybe it is because of the length of time that you have for
resus with babies. We do routine Cord blood gases on those babies that
require resus and emergency C/S and assisted births and anything else that
they can think of for future litigatin purposes!!!!! I got the impression
(and I may be wrong) that 10/60 is more common overseas. We do have space on
our birth summary for three Apgars and I have seen and done them @ 1/60,
3/60, 5/60 and 7/60 for babies requiring an active resus.

Yours "with women"
Leanne :)