From: "Vernon at Stringybark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "STEPHEN FLINT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "ozmid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: URGENT - 23 April national PI Summit

Thanks Denise.  Justine Caines has already been in touch with Meg Lees
office - we met with meg Lees last September on the PI issue and she was
very supportive.  Her office is meeting today with Kay Patterson's office
and they intend to raise the issue of midwife PI insurance being on the
agenda for the summit.

> From: "STEPHEN FLINT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:32:52 +1000
> To: "Vernon at Stringybark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "ozmid"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: URGENT - 23 April national PI Summit
>
> Dear Barb and others,
> Would it not be worthwhile asking the federal Labour and Democrat health
> spokesperson to encourage  with Kay Patterson to acknowledge midwives and
> maternity consumers have the current highest interest in the PI situation
by
> having them at this summit??
> This can be simply done by a CC on the bottom of letters with copies to
the
> relevant MP/Senators.
> Denise
> PS
> I will send an email  and add that by not having midwives and maternity
> consumers at the summit this government is anti-competeitve and not
> suppotive of consumer choice.

Ministers¹