Dear list,
I actually tried talking to the office of Kay Patterson re the exclusion of midwives from this summit, and got directed to Terry Barnes, who I understand is coordinating the event.
He did confirm that midwifery issues would not be on the agenda of this meeting, and that there was no plan to address midwifery issues in any future summit.
What he would offer was that transcripts of the proceedings of this P.I. summit could be forwarded to me after I contacted him via email.
In the discussion I had with him, he felt that the recommendations/outcomes of this summit could be applied in part to other health professionals.
I don't know what the response from this office would be if they received numerous requests for the transcript of this summit. I presume it should be made available upon request. I didn't identify myself as a midwife, not that this should have made any difference.
Terry Barnes can be contacted on 02 62898706.
Perhaps we can contact him and ask if the resulting document from the 23-4-02 summit will be widely available.
Regards,
Lyn.