It was the midwife who invited me who passed this latest babywise news to me. I have asked her to please pass on to the coordinator -who incidentally is a good natural person anyway. At the time I went up and had a quiet chat to the couple later and although they were defensive, I suggested they might like to check for articles by Matthew Aney on the internet just so they could see the concerns that were being expressed by members of the AAP.

Once again - this was their choice and their pregnancy. I think they were terrified of losing control. I dont have any contact details for them so sending this on isnt an option.
I am hearing  from many hospital staff etc that parents are increasingly insisting on the instant solutions/ baby management practises when staff in fact dont want to offer such options and have been natural parents themselves (ie birthing and breastfeeding naturally) with their own babies  .

Pinky