As a midwife & IBCLC I would recommend that if you are hanging out for chocolate that you don't go for Milo - the company is owned by Nestle, a large offender in formula disputes particularly in developing counrites. I personally try not to buy any products owned by the Nestle company.
Liz McCall
----- Original Message -----
From: Rhonda
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 12:02 AM
Subject: RE: Breast feeding and diet.

I can agree with what you say here but I have another gripe about the hospital system that never seems to be adressed by anyone - FOOD!
The hospital food for maternity ward is not really breast milk friendly - women have a choice of generally tea or coffee - what about Milo?
I know different hospitals are different but from my experience the diet was low fat - lots of salad and nice and spicy foods.
For me I was craving chocolate milk and on day 4 my milk was not in.  I asked a visitor to bring in a Big M and within an hour of drinking it my boobs were about to explode.  I needed milk!  All the meals had been so low fat that they didn't give me any fat to make milk with.
Yes water makes milk but the body also needs some fat in the diet and I am sure that diet is a hugely important factor.  I am sure that we are not looking closely enough at what the hospital is feeding women after the birth of their baby.  This has a direct impact on the milk they produce.

Just my thoughts!

Regards
Rhonda