I am not absolutely sure - however I think Ovaltine is owned by Nestle as well.It's a really important social advocacy & public health issue internationally and I believe strongly that all mdiwves need to be politically aware & social advocates for the whole world.
Liz McCall
----- Original Message -----
From: Rhonda
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 1:31 PM
Subject: Fw: Re: Breast feeding and diet.

Hey!  It was only an example - use Natural Cocoa and grind it yourselves if you like!

What The message was that I found Coffee (whatever brand) to not help milk supply and cause the baby to be restless  and the hospital wouldn't even give me a glass of straight milk.  I had to get it brought in.  Perhaps Diet is a problem because we are "starving the mothers" with food they wont eat and inappropriate food that doesn't help baby sleep - without telling them anything about their own diet.  I had a mother say her baby was up all the time - she had about 8 cups of coffee a day and had not been told that it may go through her milk.  She stopped the coffee (gradually as it is addictive) and baby slept better and gained weight better.
Why isn't the education there at hospital level - she said, "But they gave me coffee in hospital!"  So it must be OK.

Sorry to cause such a stir with the milo issue!
Rhonda.

Subject: Re: Breast feeding and diet.

*grin* - I actually prefer the Ovaltine Light break - high in Iron and Calcium - made with milk it is great for breast feeding mothers!

Rhonda.