Dear List - Thought I'd explain why I've been a bit quiet on the mid scene lately.  We've been working our way through a recent family tragedy.  My husband's son (Sebastian, aged 32yrs) died suddenly on June 12 and we have just returned from his funeral in Melbourne.  We had been seeing a lot of him over the past 2 months because he'd been living in Perth.  He was accidentally drowned 2 days after leaving us and returning to Melbourne.  It's taking some time to get my head together, and our lives back on track.

    I'd like to say a special "thank you" to my local midwifery mates who have expressed their condolences to John and I, and have cared for my clients in my absence. Kind regards, Lois