From: Rhonda
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 8:10 PM
Subject: Re: gripe - ME TOO!!!

This is so true and yet in our local paper there was a big front page article on the increased Caesar rate in geelong and they are blaming the "mothers are choosing them"
The mothers are given the options and are deciding to have caesar's more.
The doctors say things like - We wont let you go past this or it would be better to do a c/s at this time etc and they are NOT making the decisions it is up to the woman to do that.  Humph!
I sat all night trying to word a decent reply but it just made me so cross that I was forced to have c/s and they are now saying that in the past 6 yrs in Geelong Caesarean births have doubled to more than 10% outside the WHO guidelines.  but this is the mothers fault!
AHHH!!!!

Well, where is this choice??

I am cross tonight anyway because my son came home from care with mucky eyes (he has a cold) and I thought I would go the evening clinic (open til 8pm) and get some eye drops for conjunctivitis - they had not only changed the time from 8pm to 6pm and I was there before 6.  But said that as they had one person waiting they turned away a 2yr old sick child so they could go home on time.  I was furious and have him at home with boiled water to rinse his eyes - any suggestions for natural remedy for conjunctivitis?
I was thinking all the way home - who took the CARE out of Health care.  Coz it sure has got lost somewhere in the system.

Thanks
Rhonda.