Hi Joy - I thoroughly enjoyed reading this article - in fact the whole issue of this volume of the ACMI journal was filled with interesting articles. I got back late from classes and read the whole journal cover to cover, and it's a long time since I've done that. I had meant to post something to that effect the other day, but your reply to Lyn prompted me.

The way in which you organised the information you presented made it flow well and it was nectar to me. I reiterate though, that women will miss you and the valuable service you provide - I still hold hope that the college's negotiations will result in a positive outcome - and hope these are not pipe dreams.

Warm regards, Lynne
----- Original Message -----
From: joy
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 4:00 PM
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] Home birth research

Lyn,

Have you seen the latest issue of the ACMI Journal (A J Mid Vol 15 No 2, 2002).  The article ‘Planned homebirths in Victoria, 1995-1998’ by Jenny Parratt and me could be quoted – it’s a peer reviewed journal.  The findings report on the women who planned homebirth, and although there is not a specific research question on why they chose homebirth, there is other relevant information given.

Joy Johnston