From: ljg
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 2:22 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Review of Maternity Unit

Liz
Would love to hear more -our unit is being independently reviewed by a midwife and obs (love the consumer thing!) and is being done because of some downfalls in clinical indicators and an increase in client complaints. As midwives, we are viewing this as very positive because our unit has become more and more medically oriented much to the disillusionment of the midwifery staff. So we see this as an avenue for change ! We are told that we will be able to meet with the reviewers individually or as groups and that they will be looking at all aspects of maternity care. Which state are you in Liz, couldn't possibly be Qld, couldn't imagine our big wigs supporting consumer involvement (!) How did the midwives in your unit go about informing the reviewers of there views ? Would love to hear all about it, we need all the help we can get to make this work for our unit !!!!
lisa