I dont know if this helps or not- there has been research in this area
within the discipline of sociology- so mind you it would have a theoretical
basis.  Here is the jist of one of the arguments:
The emergent movement for breastfeeding in Western society  has been
severly compromised and its traditional meaning subordinated to technical
rationality.  The works of Herbert Marcuse (instrumental rationality),
Michel Foucault (new forms of control) and Jurgen Habermas (colonization of
the lifeworld) aid to demonstrate the social processes by which such
subordination is accomplished.

Again it might not interest you- but since I had the information I thought
I would hand it over.

Good luck with your work
Alphia

At 11:01 AM 29/08/02 +1000, you wrote:
>Dear List
>
>I am a midwifery student at Ballarat Uni doing a research proposal. At the
>moment I am looking for a questionnaire to use with my research question,
>' What influences a woman's choice to breast or bottle feed her baby?'
>Does anyone out there know where I could look or know of anyone who has
>used one?
>
>Regards Sheena Johnson
>(midwifery Student,Ballarat University)

Alphia Garrety (Ba. Hons.)
PhD. Candidate
School of Sociology and Justice Studies
Bankstown Campus, University of Western Sydney
UWS Locked Bag 1797
South Penrith Distribution Centre
NSW 1797 Australia

Phone: 02 97726628