A late footnote to this conversation...

I am exclusively b/fing bub #2  - no solids, demand fed, no pacifier,
latches on at least 3 times per night, co-sleeping, and menstruation
returned last week at 4mos, 29 days.  Same feeding/sleeping scenario with #1
and menstruation occurred when he was 5 months old.  I was hoping we'd go a
little longer 2nd time around!

Both boys on the 90th percentile for weight also, so have been pumping out
the milk up to this age.

Does anyone know how the return of menstruation affects milk supply - I have
heard/read conflicting reports.  My eldest's weight started coming down the
percentiles after menstruation returned - and he continued to feed o/night
beyond 10 months.  wondered if he was needing solids, or if due to milk
supply diminished with return of other hormonal influences.  Wondering what
might happen this time.

Jo