At Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:12:45 +1000,
leanne wynne ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
 They found that to the  baby the ultrasound waves are the volume of a locomotive
train!!
> Is it any
> wonder babies try to get away from it? I will ask him for the name
> of the
> journal so I can post it on Ozmidwifery for everyone.
> Leanne,
> Midwife, Mildura Aboriginal Health Service.

A few months ago I her a psychologist on the radio ( as I was driving so I didn't get
the whole lot) talking about using ultrasound on babies in utero as a means of
demonstrating/proving that babies 'interact' with the outside world. ( as if parents
couldn't tell him so). No diagnostic use: he talked about 'playing' with the baby, as
I recall seeing how far it would run. Did anyone else hear this interview ? Got
details of it? I'd like to follow it up.

Margie

Ps I also heard more recently that it is now 'proven' that young babies sounds are
pre-verbal communication - intentional - because brainscans showing communication
brain activity tell us so!

Looking for a free email account?
Get one now at http://www.freemail.com.au/