Dear All,
A bunch of us direct entry midwives from Flinders Uni in South Oz have been following women through their pregnancies.  We have been taught all about 'natural' birth but most of us are yet to see one.  We can't believe the amount of interventions that happen (and we are only allowed to go to public hospitals at the moment!!)  I shudder to think what it will be like in the private sector.  Where are all of these non-interventionist births happening??   Some of us have seen some horrific, sometimes avoidable things happening to women.   We can't wait until we graduate and can have a say in what goes on.  Keep up the fight!!!!

Johanna