Dear List,

On the ABC news last night it said there was a rally, and that women were wanting greater access to homebirth, including in rural areas, and midwives were wanting medicare provider numbers.  They finished with a comment that the government had rejected giving midwives provider numbers, and that the government was committed to increasing the number of GPs in rural areas.

I assume this was the NMAP launch they were talking about, but they never mentioned NMAP or continuity of midwife carer.  It seems to me they were side-tracked by the homebirth issue, and missed the main point.

I also find it very frustrating, that all health issues get hijacked by medical issues.
How is it that the launch of the NMAP ends up being about rural GPs?

Can the Maternity Coalition contact the ABC & try again to get the point across?

Jacky