From: "Julie Clarke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 5:23 PM
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] How awful is this!

Dear all
I'd like to add ...
How different it is in NZ ...
Recently at a c/ed conference in Qld A consumer advocate from NZ told me
that the NZ Prime Minister had made it legislation that a woman who
elects to have a c/s for no medical reason has to pay the cost herself -
it's not covered by their health system !
I think that would make a considerable difference in OZ if we adopted
the same stance here.

Julie Clarke
Childbirth and Parenting Educator
Transition into Parenthood