Of note is a recent booklet put out by GreenPeace - after extensive exploration, S26 was found to contain Genetically modified products... makes me wonder what we are doing in hospitals with our very tiny bubs, feeding them S26 routinely...  Heinz on the other hand does not appear to contain GMO's - I discuss these findings with every mother who is (or is considering) formula feeding - again, many do not know and would probably look at breast feeding a little bit closer if they did know.
Cheers! Terry
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 8:24 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] RE: Milk

The same applies to the risks of Cow's milk formulas, many babies are sensitised in-utero because of the mothers ingestion during pregnancy and then they have increased risks of all the problems associated with Dairy products.

We need to run Breastmilk advertising to be displayed on National and International media in opposition to the Advertisements about how good cow's milk is.  Not many women realise that Infant Formula is Cow's Milk they have a very surprised expression when you explain these things.  We need to be educating/informing women, there is so much to learn, everyday I learn something new.

I see many babies affected by Cow's milk and of course many other products too.  One of the vogue products at present is Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding capsules.  The babies whose mothers are taking these products start to breast refuse and when I ask the mother to cut the capsule in half and taste it she can clearly understand why the baby doesn't want her milk.  Smelling inside the bottle of tablets and other products and tasting will give you an idea of what the baby experiences.  When they stop taking these products inevitably the baby settles back into happy breastfeeding.

So the moral to Soy and Cow's Milk is replace it with BREAST MILK and that means EDUCATION

regards.   Robyn