Hi Liz, this is a bit belated I know, but for my mid. course, we have to complete learning objectives (lots) and different ones for each semester, e.g. "undertake intrapartum assessment", "assess newborn at birth", "observe, assist and conduct appropriate midwifery care during the three stages of normal labour" etc. We have to document how we achieved these and relate each one to the comptencies. One of our final assignments is to demonstrate by exemplars taken from our clinical practice how we have achieved each competency. Hope this helps.
Love, Liz.