Doesn't sound to VBAC friendly to me. I don't have references with me but the only way to try out the size of a pelvis is to try it out.

I wrote recently of a primi scared sh.....less by being told her pelvis was too small and she would need a CS. She birthed vaginally, easily in good time.

Judy

From: "rem & melissa bruijn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Pelvic u/s to determine pelvic size and birthing ability???
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:23:30 +0800
Can anyone help me with this? I have a close friend at the Gold Coast who
wants a vbac, and has found a vbac-friendly OB...BUT...he has said he wants
her to have an u/s at 34 wks to determine her pelvic size, so she doesn't
have to go thru a long labour for nothing!!!????!!! I have told her of the
futility of this, as it won't show what amazing things a birthing woman's
pelvis can do...especially when squatting! She doesn't want the u/s, but is
feeling backed into a corner becuase this OB is the only vbac-friendly one
on the coast. He does waterbirths and I think breech vaginal births and is
apparently pro-vbac...but the fact that he wants this u/s sets off alarm
bells for me. DOes anyone have any stats or further info on the pelvic u/s
and its effectiveness in determining pelvic size and ability to birth? SHe
just wants to be prepared when she goes to her next appt and advises the OB
she does not want this. I am having trouble accessing info, so thought I'd
see if anyone has any ideas.
THanks in advance,
Melissa