Dear List,

Me again.

It was with interest I read the discussion on talipies, and with that in
mind I have come to ask about tongue tie and the necessity, or lack thereof,
to treat.

I really know almost nothing about this condition, except that I think it's
to do with the frenulum under the tongue being short and forward?

My brother and SIL's baby has a tongue tie, and there are differing opinions
as to the severity of it.  Baby is feeding well - mother has sore nipples,
but they are improving, and babe has gained 320 gms since her day 3 weigh,
and today is day 9 - so obviously she's getting the good stuff in plenty.

Apparently the domicilliary nurse noticed the condition, saw babe feeding
and was quite happy, but the MCHN saw her today, and wants to do more, and
she didn't see baby feeding.

Is surgery required if baby is feeding and gaining?

Jo Slamen