Hi Rachael
I am a Mast.Midwifery student at Griffith Uni (in Qld). Feel free to email me privately about your enquiry.
Holly :o)
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of S & R Tempest
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 10:22 AM
To: ozmidwifery
Subject: [ozmidwifery] New to the group with lots of questions!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Rachael and I am new to the group.  I have recently decided to become a midwife but I need some help because I am not 100% sure how to go about it.

I am in Queensland.  I read on the Queensland University of Technology site that you have to become a registered nurse, work as a nurse for a minimum of one year and then you can do your bachelor of midwifery.  I understand that bit but I am not quite sure how to get into uni.  I did not do year 11 or 12.  I think I have a choice out of doing a bridging course or the Adult Tertiary Prep. course at TAFE.  Does any one know anything about bridging courses?  What kind of grade do I need to get into nursing?  I am leaning towards the ATP course but I am not sure which electives to choose, which 4 would you recommend out of - Literature, Legal Studies, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Pure Mathematics and Computing for academic purposes?  Also, I am a mum of two so I was wondering if it is much harder to do a uni course externally rather than internally?  Any other advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rachael

©2002 Aniet's IncrediMail Letters