Dear Barb et al

Most private health funds are happy to refund the full amount incurred with
"one-to-one' childbirth education sessions conducted by a midwife as long as
the midwife provides a tax invoice for the couple with her registration
details and her qualifications and contact address. It helps if the midwife
also has an ABN although this is not absolutely necessary.

I often do 'tailor-made' sessions for working couples who have not had time
to go to classes and I charge $40 per hour if they come to my place and $60
per hour if I go to theirs. They can have as many or few sessions as they
wish. They need to provide me with their learning objectives before we start
so that no time is wasted during the sessions.

After the first session I usually leave the couple with lots of videos,
books, photographs to trigger ideas for further input the couple may need.
Most couples get by with two 2hour sessions (with the viewing/reading in
between them.)

Some couples who have had previous birth experiences only want a 'refresher'
Session.

Have never had a problem with health funds not refunding money.
Jan