Title: Re: [ozmidwifery] Gyno?
Dear Darren and Anne

Anne is spot on.  I thought it but wasn’t going to say it (again!).  Your friend has had problems, but assuming this pregnancy is normal and she is healthy then she doesn’t need, and is better of without an Obstetrician.

This reminds me of IVF women I have known (my cousin and daughters God Mother so I know them well!)  The intervention was required to get pregnant! If they had normal healthy pregnancies (which they did) then why continue with the Ob?

Both by the way had shocking interventions, my cousin (in Brisbane) forceps delivery, baby never had any urge to suck, so bottle fed,  an episiotomy extended tear that was sutured so badly she required it to be repaired at 16 weeks (charming!) and now again pregnant with twins thanks to that marvellous IVF going in for the elective
c/section - and I’m the families lunatic?!

The other thing is your friend will need emotional support after the trauma of the ectopic pregnancies, surely midwife care would be much better than her 7 minutes of glory (thanks Lynne must use that one!!) with the Ob

In solidarity

Justine.

Dear Darren,

If your friend wants to have a no unecessary intervention birth then don't send her to a obstetrician.

Tell her to put her name down for the Birth Centre at the Royal Women's Hospital - phone 36368966.

If she is so determined to have a no intervention birth then she should not have any qualms about going to the north side for this midwifery care.

Anne Clarke