Hello Dawn

It may be an idea to contact Broken Hill Hospital, I have heard they have stopped their team midwifery care to go to caseload.  Perhaps they can give you some ideas to back up the caseload model.  Keep fighting for what you believe is best for the women.
I would also like to add that I am from a  rural hospital in SA who as one of the midwifery project officers is working hard (and has been fighting), so our hospital can achieve a team midwifery model (working towards caseload in the long term) and recommence our maternity services - our service was closed 2 years ago.  We have had no births (apart from elective LSCS & 2 emergency births) over this time and yet this year we have the highest fertility rate per capita in SA.  Our service WILL begin in April 2003, we have had amazing support from our hospital, region and community to get this up and going. If any one is looking for a challenge and a change of lifestyle, keep your eyes peeled for our job advertisement for midwives it should be in papers this weekend - it will certainly be an exciting time to be involved.
Regards Wendy