Hi,

I'm a Naturopath in Northern NSW, here are a few options for treatment of
the skin rash that would be O.K. with breastfeeding.

1) 'dragon's blood' which is the sap of a South American tree that is very
good at relieving itches when applied topically.  The only places to get
this in Australia are Mullumbimby Herbals in Mullumbimby, Fundamental Food
Store and Hazy House in Lismore.  The former 2 I'm sure would be happy to
post the remedy to you.

2) good quality chamomile (look for colour definition in the flowers,
whole, and a strong smell) could be applied as a compress i.e., make a very
strong tea 2-3 tbs/cup and soak gause or other thin cotton in it then place
on effected areas.

3) a good homoeopath may also be able to provide some effective treatment.
Just from what you have described she could try urtica 30C.  However, it's
probably better to get homoeopathic advice in person. (perhaps even
over-the-counter advice from a local dispensory)

Good Luck

Dawn Whitten