I recall a time when I was in Saudi, the woman was 9 cm with a high and floating head. The doctors agreed and took her to the OR for a controlled ARM. Success but then with the main pressure off the cervix it went back to 6 cm but she dilated up quickly and birthed ok.

Judy

From: "Sally Westbury" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] ?Cx shut down
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:37:05 +0800
I have recently had a client at 8cm with buldging membranes who after
transfer to hospital and ARM was 5cm. The doctor then abused me and told
me that I was misleading him about how far along she was. What would be
the point of that!! Cervix do change
Sally Westbury
Homebirth Midwife
"In any society, the way a woman gives birth and the kind of care given
to her and the baby, points as sharply as an arrowhead to the key values
of the culture.
~Sheila Kitzinger-Women as Mothers

MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones. Find our more. -- This mailing list is sponsored by ACE Graphics. Visit to subscribe or unsubscribe.