----- Original Message -----
From: Cathy
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2003 9:28 AM
Subject: Women Against War

And so say all of us.....

cathy h.

Dear All,
This is Women for Peace at work, a reputable group - please sign this if it grabs you and send it on.
It is amazing how much never makes the news!
Thanks, Kathy A

25 Congresswomen in the US House of Representatives have walked out --
and refused to participate in the vote to give Bush war powers.
They were led by Barbara Bell of
California and they took up residence
on the White House lawn.....
They say women can change the world. Here is a chance!
A nationwide effort to unite women against war has drafted the statement
below and asks each of us, if we are so moved, to send it out to as many
women and women's groups as we can for endorsement.
Please cut and paste this message into a new message, sign it with your own
name, and forward it with the petition on to as many people as you know. If
you are the 50th, 100th, 150th, 200th, etc., person to sign the petition,
please also e-mail a copy back to: <pramila@mindspring.
PETITION
Women United Against War
As women embracing life and peace, we declare ourselves opposed to any
military action against Iraq. As women, we have been the victims of many kinds of
violence. We call on you in Congress to oppose any military action.

We make this demand for ourselves, our children, our parents, our brothers,
husbands, partners and friends.
We make this demand because we understand that warfare
creates endless cycles of violence, destruction and death, impoverishing us
spiritually and economically.
We make this demand because warfare destroys family life,
throwing whole communities into exile and turning children into orphans. We make this
demand because we cannot build happy lives on a ground polluted by violence. We believe this
is a defining moment in the life of our country. We will either take our place in the
family of nations as seekers of peace and justice or we will start down a terrible road to war,
unleashing the fury of generations to come on our land.

We call upon you to act with integrity, to show courage and remember that
you are guardians of the public trust and of the world we leave to our children.
We oppose this war.
We oppose all elected officials who support this war. There is no other issue greater
than the cause of peace.

No past stand or history can be called upon to overshadow the imperative to
stand today for peace.

We, as women acting to shape public life, dedicate our energy, resources,
and hopes to those who establish peace.
There will be no war in our names. If you want our support and votes, stop
this war!

Signed:
1. Unreasonable Women for the Earth, Nationwide
2. Pramila Jayapal, Seattle, WA
3. Ginny NiCarthy, Seattle, WA
4. Karen Bosley, Seattle, WA
5. Janice Pickard, Coupeville, WA
6. Margot E "Peg" Tennant, Coupeville WA
7. Patty Carlisle, Seattle, WA
8. Karen Jensen, Seattle, WA
9. Frances Partridge, Seattle, WA
10. Elizabeth Sanders, Seattle, WA
11. Marjorie Huebner, MN
12. Karolyn Redoutey, MN
13. Jennifer Moore, MN
14. Jacqueline Sterling, Minneapolis, MN
15. Rorie Hanrahan, Santa Fe, NM
16. Maggie Copeland, Glendive, MT
17. Joan Gough, Moab, UT
18. Eleanor Inskip, Salt Lake City, UT
19. Meherban Kaur Khalsa, Salt Lake City, Ut
20. Shakta Khalsa, Herndon, VA
21. Anne V. Hilliard, Jacksonville, FL
22. Ann McGill, Reston, VA
23. Mary Elizabeth Thunder, West Point, Texas &Big Indian, NY
24. Joy Walker, Palm Bay, Fl. 32909
25. Christina Van Deusen, Waltham MA 02453
26. Susan Cohen Thompson, Natick, MA 01760
27. Linda Timann Dewing, Providence, RI 02906
28. Mikala Moore, Durango, CO 81301
29. Sister Patricia Soltesz,IHM Harper Woods, MI 48225
30. Jan Soleau, IHM, St.Clair Shores, MI 48080
31. Joyce Campbell, IHM, St. Clair Shores, MI 48080
32. Kathleen Brogle, Cincinnati, Ohio 45230
33. Laurene T. Hagman, Columbus, Ohio 43219
34. Janice Bachman, Columbus, Ohio 43214
35. Judy Niday, Dayton, Ohio 45426
36. Joyce Kahle, CPPS, Cincinnati, Ohio 45217
37. Julie M. Murray, Cincinnati, OH 45219
38. Growth in Motion, Inc. Fanchon Shur, Colleen McCarty Cincinnati Oh
45229
39. Michael Rossato-Bennett 55 Ave. C#10 Nyc NY 10009
40. Avram Gleitsman, NY, NY
41. Julie Turley, NY, NY
42. lunchbox recordings | monkey salon press. anne pope and toon.
brooklyn.ny.usa
43. Ann Shirazi,NYC 10025
44. Luise Eichenbaum,NYC 10024
45. Sara Baerwald, NYC 10010
46. Allison Lebar, Gambier, OH 43022
47. Susan Baerwald, Los Angeles, CA 90049
48. Phyllis Wender, New York, NY 10021
49. Susan Yankowitz, New York, N.Y. 10024
50. Karen Cooper, New York, NY 10014
51. Alice Arlen, 1120 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10128
52. Honor Moore, 276 Riverside Drive, New York City 10025
53. Susan Kleckner, New York, NY 10128
54. Elizabeth de Bethune, Yonkers, New York
55. Randi Davenport, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516
56. Miriam Lieberman, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516
57. Pamela St. John, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516
58. Lun Steuart, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514
59. Salli Benedict, Carrboro, North Carolina 27510
60. Kristine Kelsey, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 27516
61. April Tacey-Dickinson, Chapel Hill, NC 27516
62. Woman Within Empowerment Circle of Raleigh/Chapel Hill, NC 27516
63. Melva Fager Okun, Carrboro, NC 27510
64. Diane Fager, Chicago, Ill. 60618
65. Barbara Engel, Chicago, Ill. 60615
66. Nanette Benbow, Chicago, IL 60625
67. Jamie Leslie, Chicago, IL 60626
68. Prairie Fire Organizing Committee, Chicago, IL 60626
69. Katie Bjorkman, Burlington, WI 53105
70. Jan Bjorkman, Burlington, WI
71. Judith Ormond, Milwaukee, WI 53217
72. Lynette Diers Cohen, Cleveland Hts., OH 44118
73. Carol Boyd, Richfield, OH 44286
74. Marilyn Meadows, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118
75. Peggy Spaeth, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118
76. Susan Miller, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118
77. Leatrice B. Tolls Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
78. The Tyrian Network, Cleveland , OH 44107
79. Susan D'Arcy, Cleveland, OH 44120
80. Katherine Lane Sillars, Madison, WI 53726
81. CAROL LANE, Cape Porpoise, ME. 04046
82. Sara Izod, U.S.A.
83. Lynda English Bervid, Kings Beach, Ca. 96143
84. Judith Campbell, Houston, TX 77092
85. Jane Woodward Elioseff, Houston, TX 77005-1882
86. Lisa Powers, Marfa TX, 79843
87. Jeannette MacDougall, Boerne, Texas 78006
88. Ann Nitschke, Boerne Texas 78006
89. Jan Wrede, Boerne, Texas 78006
90. Nisa Mason Boerne, Texas 78006
91. Sarah Sugarman, Oakland, CA 94610
92. Alexandra Blair, Chicago, IL 60610
93. Molly Hooper, San Francisco, CA 94117
94. Brooke Brown, Mill Valley, CA 94941
95. Chera van Burg, Rochester, NY 14450
96. Denise Newman, San Francisco, CA 94131
97. Rosmarie Waldrop, Providence,RI 02906
98.Connie Coleman, Pipersville, PA18947
99. Donna Gustafson, Highland Park, NJ 08904
100. Sarah Fogel, New York, NY 10025
101. Sarah Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15218
102. Amy Slaven Crown, Tucson, AZ 85719
103. Agnes Paulsen, Tucson, AZ 85716
104. Marcia Breitenbach, Tucson, AZ 85745
105. Sylvia Haskvitz, Tucson, AZ 85743
106. Mary Smith, Tucson, AZ 82712
107.Lisa Schrempp, Az 85705
108. Elly van der Pas, AZ 85630
109. Denise Lassaw, Alaska
110. Ernestine Lassaw, NY
111. Nancy Wainwright, Alaska
112. Barbara Taborek, CA 92612
113. Venita De Souza, Irvine, CA 92612
114. Ann Barbour, Newport Beach, CA 92660
115. Nancy Diehl, San Antonio, TX 78209
116. Cara Johnson Goff, San Antonio, TX 78216
117. Megan Kromer, San Antonio, TX 78229
118. Brenda Schultz, San Antonio, TX 78207
119. Sharon Kelly, Waldport, OR 97394
120. Ann Van Delinder, New Hartford, NY 13413
121. Doreen Markson, Clinton, NY 13323
122. Sally Townsend, Sauquoit, NY 13456
123. R. Deborah davis, Oswego, NY 13126
124. Andrea A. Mujahid-Moore, Buffalo, NY 14215
125. Janet Meiselman, Buffalo, N.Y. 14209
126. H.M Bateman, Wellsville, NY 14895
127. Lynne Berg, Buffalo, NY 14201
128. Eileen Velez, Shreveport,LA 71106
129. Unok Brown, Shreveport, LA 71104
130. Dawn Gail, Philadelphia, PA 19130
131. Ricki Kauffman, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
132. Irene Bocchetta, Brooklyn, NY 11201
133. Simona Aru, Brooklyn, NY 11201
134. Carolyn Fujii, Maidenhead UK
135. Indra Adnan, London UK
136. Jane Hanson, London UK
137. M-Regine Garnier, Pornic France
138. Judy Chaddick, Espanola, NM, USA
139. Katherine Demeter, Bristol UK
140.Rachael O'Neill, Bristol UK
141. Tara Sloman, Bristol UK
142. Philippa Dawson, Bath, UK
143. Jacky Law, Richmond, Surrey, UK
144. Antonia Macarthur, Sydney Australia
145. Jenny Longley, Fremantle, Western Australia
146. Joy Lefroy, Fremantle, Western Australia
147. Anna Fiocco, Fremantle, Western Australia

148.Kathy Anketell, White Gum Valley, Western Australia

149. Cathy Hall, South Fremantle, Western Australia

WARNING:
This email, including any attachments, may contain information that is
confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended recipient may access or
use it. If sent to the wrong email address or otherwise received in error,
please immediately contact the City of Fremantle and delete or destroy all
copies. You must also not disclose, copy or disseminate any of the
information.

We use virus-scanning software but before opening or using any attachments
to this email you should check them for viruses or similar. Our liability is
limited to resupplying any affected attachments.