Dear Julie

I have found that one of their largest areas of concern is the lack of control over their bodies, they may feel that the overwhelming urges which occour in labour, descent of baby, pushing urge etc is sooo hard to manage.  Also they have ++ problems with privacy in the area of birth.  Guard the door with an axe  Judy Giesaitis
-----Original Message-----
From: Julie Clarke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 27 February 2003 5:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] preparing and supporting child sexual abuse survivors for chilbdrith

Hi everyone,

I would like to gather some insights into preparing and supporting child sexual abuse survivors for childbirth.

I have had a small number of sexual abuse survivors throughout the years confide in me and ask for my support throughout their childbirth experience.

I have responded sensitively to them and tried to follow my intuition when helping them, but wished I had more insights.

Can you help me??

With regard to fear of the pain ...

And any other aspects of the issue you can highlight for me?

hug

Julie Clarke

Childbirth and Parenting Educator

Transition into Parenthood