Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 10:19 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Immunisation before university/employment - Hep.B

Dear All,

As a prospective Bach. Midwifery student, I have been invited to attend an interview and health assessment in the UK (I am an Australian, living in Sydney). As part of the health assessment, I am required to advise my immunisation status, which is fine except for Hep.B.... I am unsure about undertaking this immunisation.

* Do you feel that this immunisation is necessary for a midwife? Why/why not?
* Have any midwives, childbirth educators, doulas undertaken the Hep.B immunisation?
* Is there any alternative? Can I refuse? Is it mandatory for employment?

I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks,

Victoria Couldwell

MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones. Find our more. -- This mailing list is sponsored by ACE Graphics. Visit to subscribe or unsubscribe.