Hi Tanya - I use a tarp first in the pool (for strength), then two clear plastic sheets 4metres square each for an 8 sided pool.  Most Bunnings Hardware warehouse stores (in WA) keep the 4 metre wide sheets (folded in half on the roll, so roll looks 2 metres wide).  I've bought a whole roll at a time, and dispense off measured sheets of plastic - depending on what size pool the family has chosen to use (6, 7 or 8 sided)., and supply it to the client when they hire the pool.  As Sally says, black plastic CAN be used.  It's thicker but I don't like the look of it in the pool (kind of dark and sinister) while the clear plastic shows the blue tarp so looks nicer.  I've also known people to put a favourite piece of material, sarong or whatever in the base between the tarp and plastic to enhance the appearance from inside the pool.  Whatever works for the woman, eh?   The clear plastic sheets can be also bought one or two or more at a time dispensed off the roll from Bunnings by the people using the pool if they prefer to buy their own.  I encountered problems in my region - the plastic was not ALWAYS available at some stores, so I decided to supply it myself to ensure it WAS available when needed.  It costs about $12 per sheet bought individually, and quite a bit cheaper if dispensed off the roll from me.  The clients usually dispose of the first sheet (contaminated by body fluids), and may keep the second sheet for whatever they may need it for... or some give it back to me to use as a floor sheet to protect carpets for another family.  Hope this helps.  I've written detailed instruction sheets for putting it all together... let me know if you'd like a copy and I can email it to you.  A look at the photo gallery on my website www.birthjourney.com will give you a visual image of what I'm describing...Happy Water Birthing! regards Lois
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 4:48 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] birthing pool liners

Just wondering if there is anyone on the list who can enlighten me as to where to buy liners for our birthing pool.  Wendy and I are having another one built (hard sided one that slots together and has a blue liner) and are wondering what the liners are worth, and where to purchase them.  Any ideas?  We're in Adelaide by the way!

Tania