Hi Jan, yes it happens.. in clusters usually. Just as we get clusters of primips having really trouble-free labours and births then we get hit with a run like yours. The physical and emotional output needed to support women & their partners through the ordeal is enormous! One of the problems with being in homebirth practice for a long time is overcoming that feeling of "failed homebirth" that we were labeled with until recently. No matter how we try to put that phrase out of our minds, it seems to lurk there in the corners of our psyche.  I think I have finally arrived at a place where I can accept the transfers and not get too stressed about them, but it has taken me 20yrs.  I hope you can now have a rest from it and recover your strength. Do something to reward yourself for being such a wonderful woman & midwife.  MM
bad run?
unbelievable 5 births this month3 c/s trans from homebirth 1 normal del priv hosp 1 normal del home what is happening  bewildered tired and yuk jan