Hi all,
Just a reminder that Homebirth Awareness Week is looming......October 25th - 31st. Should anyone like to organise something to raise awareness of homebirth in their community please go for it.
HAS in the past have organised a family picnic with stalls, jumping castle and face painting and lots of media coverage and taken out stalls at local markets. Hunter Homebirth are holding some seminars on the benefits of homebirth. We are thinking of approaching our local libraries and setting up unmanned stalls for the week with flyers, info and photo's.
If anyone would like to organise something it can be advertised in 'Birthings' free of charge. I realise that HAS is a Sydney based organisation, however we do have interstate and international members.
Happy homebirthing!
Jo Hunter