From: Lyn Cottee
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:49 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] new baby

Dear List,

I’d like to announce the birth of my baby daughter, Alexandra (Sascha) Arwen at 00:02 August 13 at the Birth Centre in Moorabbin.  After an intense 4 hour labour, mostly in the water at the centre, I birthed her using a birthing stool with my mother and husband in attendance. She weighed 3620g, HC 37cm, length 49cm and is absolutely beautiful.

She took to the breast right away (and hasn’t moved off it since!) and the placenta was naturally birthed soon afterwards.

I’d like to thank the List for being a source of information and inspiration and a key factor in helping me to have the most natural, enjoyable birthing experience possible.

It is a travesty that the existence of the BC is even in question and now that I’m getting back to work I’ll be much more vocal in the campaign to keep it open.

Cheers,

Lyn Cottee