Kelly, I have no references at hand, but I can say from anecdotal evidence
that babies born via Vacuum Extraction are not as 'settled'.  Can you
imagine a massive headache while you are trying to learn a new skill and
work out what all these reflexes you have are for?

The other I was thinking is definitely the separation of mum and baby
straight after birth for those routine things such as vit K and weight,
length, head circumference, wrapping, nappy-ing, etc.

Good luck - it's a great research topic!

Jo
--
Babies are Born... Pizzas are delivered.