Debby, do you mind sharing your resources with us?  ie:  where you learnt the method, your preparation and maybe even your birth story? :)

Thanks!

Jayne

----- Original Message -----
From: Debby M
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 7:38 AM
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] Media releases from ACMI - Labour Pain

It is a sad state of affairs as really both sides are wrong.  You can have a good strong birth like the Dutch midwife is espousing without drugs - but you can also have it with little or no pain.

I have had three babies - the first induced and it was the classic medical birth with gas, pethadine and eventually an epidural - also eventually a csec.
My 2nd was a natural labour of 27hrs, I felt fine with the pain which was moderate to high but not severe but needed a mobile epidural at the 27hr mark to relax.
For my 3rd I was introduced to hypnobirthing - I was sceptical but gave it a go - this labour was totally relaxed only 4.5hrs and contractions were not painful merely intense.

I would strongly recommend that all pregnant women and their midwives should familiarise themselves with this technique.  I come from a scientific and military background and am a boring old accountant who tends to see things black and white, but perserverence and practice allowed this technique to work for me, and if it can work for me it can work for any woman.

Debby