Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 7:56 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Rheumatoid arthritis...

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on stuff I should know about rheumatoid arthritis and pregnancy/birth/postnatal stuff.  We have had an enquiry from a woman who is wanting a homebirth, and although I can't say I have any gut feelings that she shouldn't, I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who have cared for a woman with this ailment, and if there's anything specific we should know, be aware of etc.

Thanks in advance

Tania